Harrison Township Residents
Library cards are available to any individual who lives inside Harrison Township and to any individual or family member living with an individual who owns property in Harrison Township.
Employers and Employees of Harrison Township Businesses and Active Military
Full-access library cards are available to all Harrison Township employers and employees as well as all active military.
Members of Other Libraries in the Suburban Library Cooperative (SLC) Service Area
Members of other SLC Libraries are welcome to register their home library card and use HTPL resources. Simply register your SLC home library card with us. SLC member cards enjoy complete access to our physical collection. Access to digital collections or Interlibrary loan privileges are not included.
Any individual not eligible for a resident card, courtesy card, temporary resident card, or SLC home library card may purchase a Library card. A purchased card may be used by any member of a family. The family members, regardless of how many there are, living at the same address as the person who originally applied for the SLC purchased card, can each apply for their own card. A purchased Library card allows full privileges at HTPL and full checkout privileges at any SLC-member library. It requires payment of an annual $200 fee. For more information about purchasing a Library card, please see a staff member.
How to get a card
There is no minimum age to register for a library card, though minors age 17 or younger will need a parent or guardian to sign as a responsible party.
To get a library card, bring a completed Library Card Application form to the circulation desk with valid ID (such as a driver’s license or state I.D.). Proof of qualifying status required for active military, employees that work in Harrison Township, or SLC Library Card holders. The library card application is available in the library or can be downloaded here.
- An individual may only have one card of any type.
- All applicants must complete a library card application form and present valid identification to demonstrate eligibility.
- Current photo ID and proof of street address is required, such as a valid Michigan driver’s license, valid Michigan ID card or school photo ID. Post office box addresses will not be accepted.
- Nonresident courtesy card applicants must present a photo ID and a recent tax bill or tax receipt showing property ownership in Harrison Township or proof of employment in Harrison Township, such as a pay stub showing the company address.
- Members of the United States military stationed at the Selfridge Air National Guard Base must show a photo ID and proof of active duty.
- Applicants younger than age 18 and group home resident applicants need a parent or guardian’s co-signature. Co-signers must present proper ID. Guardians must present guardianship papers along with appropriate ID.
- Minors must notify library to update records upon turning 18 years of age to assume legal responsibility for items checked out.
- The card owner is responsible for all materials borrowed on the card and agrees to abide by library lending rules and all policies and regulations.
- There is a $1 replacement charge for lost cards. Lost cards should be reported as soon as possible.
- Additional authorized users may be added to a library card, but the card holder assumes responsibility for all items borrowed on the card.
- Library card applications for adults are active until the card’s renewal date. Applications for minors are active until the child is 18 years old.
- HTPL has agreed to abide by all MILibraryCard guidelines. HTPL may only issue a MILibraryCard label to holders of a Resident/Property
- Owner Card or a HTPL Purchased Library Card. Furthermore, HTPL will only issue a MILibraryCard label to cardholders in good standing; meaning cardholders currently owing less than five dollars ($5.00) on their HTPL membership account.
- Customers who do not have their library card at check-out may use their driver’s license.
Apply For A Card Now
Apply Online Or In-Person
Digital Access Card
Apply online for a digital access library card, which gives you access to all of our online resources: entertainment, research and learning. Learn more about our online content.
Once your online application is submitted, please allow up to two business days for your account to be activated. We’ll notify you as soon as you’re ready to login.
Apply In Person
Fill out and bring an application to the library for full access.
L’Anse Creuse Student ID Virtual Card
L’Anse Creuse Students:
You Have a ConnectED Virtual Library Card! It’s your student ID#
Your student ID gives you FREE access to all
of Harrison Township Public Library’s
digital services including streaming movies, music downloads, eBooks, and eAudiobooks.
Here’s How To Do It
Go to our website: htlibrary.org for more info on each digital service.
When logging in:
– Your “Card Number” is LCS followed by your student ID number.
– Your password is your birthdate as a 4 digit PIN MMDD.
Questions? Contact us! (586)329-1261
Students in the following schools have access to HTPL resources with their student ID#:
- Early Childhood Center
- Donald J. Yacks Elementary
- Emma V. Lobbestael Elementary
- Marie C. Graham Elementary
- South River Elementary
- L‘Anse Creuse Middle School – Central
- L‘Anse Creuse Middle School – South
- L‘Anse Creuse High School